So I was nominated by meetmeinnevada for a Liebster Award ! Thank you. I really appreciate it ! The feeling is completely mutual. As soon as I saw this, I took a minute to appreciate the acceptance and involvement I’ve experienced in this new community I decided to join 6 weeks ago.
I then googled ‘Liebster Award’ and found out that it means ‘dearest’ in German. This award is a great idea to let bloggers know that their words are inspiring someone out there, and discover other writers you wouldn’t have otherwise come across.
♦ Thank the blogger that nominated you
♦ Write 11 random facts about yourself
♦ Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated you
♦ Nominate 5 to 11 other bloggers and let them know they’ve been nominated
♦ Come up with 11 questions for the bloggers you’re nominating
11 Random Olive Facts
- I am mixed race.
- I met the main Harry Potter cast about 10 years ago.
- I am a mahuuusive Harry Potter (books) fan.
- I am a middle child. That might explain a lot.
- I prefer cold drinks to hot.
- I prefer hot meals to cold.
- I have seen J. Cole in concert 5 times (every time he comes to the UK). Big fan.
- I can’t watch a film/tv show/anything if I’ve missed the beginning.
- I’m a fairly slow reader. I like to take in every word.
- I play tennis and have been to Wimbledon countless times.
- I love olives.. you probably got that though.
11 Olive Answers
- How did you come up with your blog name? Funny story. One lunchtime in high school, my friends asked me if I would rather be able to eat olives for the rest of my life or have friends.. I chose olives. Hence, the nickname. The ‘Megamean’ part is part of an anagram of my real name. The rest of the letters form a first name. Mysterious huh.
- Why did you want to start a blog? Having just graduated from uni, I felt a bit stuck in a rut and wanted to start a new project. I’ve always loved writing but because I’ve been concentrating on science for the last few years now, I haven’t had a chance to do something a bit more creative. So here I am, and I’m loving it.
- What is your catchphrase? I’ve had quite a range but the two that spring to mind are ‘Allow that’ and ‘I’m Egyptian – I radiate heat’.
- If you could change your name what would it be? I’ve always loved names that could be both male and female, like Max and Alex.
- What is a song that means a lot to you? Loads of songs mean a lot to me, it just depends on my mood. Heavenly Day by Patty Griffin is one I share with a special someone.
- What is a TV show that you are afraid to admit you watch? Haha, a couple. My main guilty pleasures are probably ‘Keeping up with the Kardashians’ or ‘Teen Mom’. There’s probably more.
- What was your favorite subject in school? I loved Religious Studies, just because of the way it was taught and the debates we got to have. I love a good debate.
- If you could go back in time, what point in time would you go to? Either my childhood (things just seem a lot simpler then), or I’d stay in the present. As much as I love reminiscing about the past, I’m just too curious to see what happens in the future.
- What is something that you can do that is quite bizarre? Ahh, my party trick. I can shake my abdomen so you can hear the liquids inside swish. Charming, I know.
- What is something that you never leave the house without? My phone, I’m ashamed to say. I like to think of it as all my loved ones in my pocket – in seconds I can be chatting to any of them.
- If you could anywhere in the world (real or imaginary), where would you go? The wizarding world in Harry Potter. Much better than this world.
Bloggers I’d Like to Nominate
11 Random Olive Questions
- Summer or winter holiday, and why?
- Who was the last person you confided in?
- If you win the lottery, what would be the first thing you buy?
- Sweet or salted popcorn?
- What song do you love but would be embarrassed if someone found it on your iPod?
- What’s one of your proudest moments?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- Do you prefer giving presents or receiving them?
- Favourite dessert?
- What book are you currently reading/have you recently finished?
- Who is the best artist you have seen live in concert?
Thanks again !